how to do polished concrete
What Is Concrete Polishing?
Polished concrete is the process of grinding the surface with a heavy, high torque machine with varying levels of coarse to fine diamond blades. The machines used are accompanied by a high horsepower, dustless vacuum system. This system creates a clean, non hazardous, environmentally friendly process. The result is a strong, decorative easy to clean, low maintenance floor.
Benefits of Polished Concrete
· Efflorescence Reduction – The process of grinding, densifying and polishing the surface eliminates dust from efflorescence that causes many epoxies and coatings to fail.
· Non Porous – the process of densifying and polishing tightens the molecular structure of concrete. This reduces porosity protecting the surface from water, oil , chemicals, grease and heat
· Strength Increased – densification increases strength and long term performance
· Enhanced Light Reflection – tightening molecules in concrete causes light to reflect off surface.
· Color Enhancement – reflection brings wall colors into surface enhancing decorative appearance.
· Non Slip – Coefficient of Friction exceeds OSHA recommended guidelines.
· Return To Service Immediately – there is no need to wait to use. Floors can be used as soon as complete.
· Environmentally Friendly – Polished concrete is LEED friendly